|dahi wali arbi|
In this recipe of dahi arbi, I have added dahi later because if you are not used to cooking with yogurt and you add it in the beginning, you may end up getting lumps. I cook dahi wali arbi separately as well as combine it with potatoes to make dahi aloo arbi.
Recipe of dahi wali arbi
250 gms arbi (arvi/colocasia/taro root) - boiled, peeled and cut into roundels
1 cup dahi (curd/yogurt) - beaten
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
3 green chillies- chopped
1/2 tsp rai (small mustard seeds)
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
Chopped coriander leaves- for garnish
A pinch of hing (asafoetida)
1 tbsp oil
1. Heat oil in a kadhai or a pan. Add rai and let it splutter.
2. Add hing and after 2 seconds add green chillies.
3. After 1 minute, add arbi and 1 cup water. Add salt and all the spices except garam masala.
4. Cook till gravy thickens. Add dahi and cook, stirring, on a low heat for 2 minutes. Add garam masala and cook on a low heat for 1 minute.
5. Turn off the heat and garnish dahi wali arbi with coriander leaves.