|aloo patta gobi|
Recipe of bengali aloo patta gobi
1 small patta gobi (cabbage) - finely shredded
2 medium aloo (potatoes) - peeled and cubed
1 large tomato- diced
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder (cayenne pepper)
1/2 tsp cumin (jeera) powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
2 tbsp oil or ghee
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a kadhai or a pan. Add aloo and patta gobi.
2. Add salt and turmeric powder. Mix well and cook covered on a low heat till potatoes are 3/4th cooked. Stir occasionally.
3. Heat remaining 1 tbsp oil in a separate small pan and add tomato. Add rest of the spices and cook till tomato is soft and mushy.
4. Add 1-2 tbsp water to tomato masala. Cook till it forms a paste.
5. Add this to aloo patta gobi and mix well.
6. Cook potato and cabbage sabzi till potatoes are well done. Turn off the heat and serve aloo patta gobi hot with roti, paratha, poori or rice.