This is a low calorie, healthy and tasty breakfast option. I learnt this recipe of sooji toast from my maternal aunt Mrs. Deepa Gupta while we were casually chatting. She also adds capsicum (shimla mirch) and cabbage (patta gobi) to the sooji -curd mixture.
Recipe of sooji toast
1/2 cup sooji (semolina/suji)
1 cup curd (yogurt/dahi)
1 onion- chopped
1 tomato- chopped
3 green chillies- chopped
Salt to taste
Oil as needed
6-8 bread slices (I used brown bread)
How to make/prepare suji toast
1. Soak suji in curd for 15 minutes.
2. Add salt, onion, tomato and green chillies to it.
3. Apply a thin layer of sooji mixture on one side of bread slices.
4. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and smear oil on it. Place bread slices on tava with mixture side down. Keep the heat to low otherwise vegetables will burn.
5. While the lower side of bread is roasting, apply a layer of suji mixture on upper side as well.
6. After 2-3 minutes of roasting, increase the heat to medium and roast for 1-2 minutes more.
7. Flip and roast other side of bread as well. Remove from tava and serve sooji toast hot.
Note- 1. Apply a thin layer of sooji mixture otherwise it will remain uncooked and give raw taste.
2. Also, cook sooji toast on a low heat otherwise topping will burn.
3. You can also prepare suji toast by applying suji mixture on 1 side of bread only but you have to roast plain bread side also.