|aloo patta gobi sabzi|
This is a very simple recipe of aloo patta gobi sabzi. No fancy spice or ingredient has been used and still it tastes great with hot phulka.
Recipe of aloo patta gobi sabzi
1 small patta gobi (patta gobhi/band gobhi/cabbage)
2 medium aloo (potatoes) - peeled and cubed
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
Salt to taste
A pinch of hing (asafoetida)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder (cayenne pepper)
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp amchoor (dried mango powder)
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp oil
1. Remove outer 2 leaves of patta gobi and wash. Chop it into pieces.
2. Heat oil in a pan or a kadhai (wok). Add cumin seeds. When they turn darker, add amchoor.
3. Add aloo and patta gobi. Add salt and all the spices except amchoor and garam masala. Mix well.
4. Turn the heat to low and cover the lid of the kadhai. Stir occasionally and cook covered till aloo is tender. Add amchoor and garam masala and mix.
5. At this point, you can remove the lid and roast the sabzi on a little high heat to burn away any moisture and to give the sabji a little roasted appearance.
6. Turn off the heat and serve aloo patta gobhi sabzi with roti or rice.