There are many recipes of mix veg available and here is my version of this very healthy and delicious dish of mixed vegetables. I have taken purple cabbage but you can take white one. I have taken green capsicum but you can take yellow or red bell peppers. Similarly you can add or delete some vegetables as per your choice.
Recipe of mix veg
1 potato- peeled and cubed
1/2 cabbage (patta gobi/band gobi)- chopped
1/2 cup shelled peas (matar)- fresh or frozen
1/2 broccoli (green gobi) or cauliflower (gobi)- broken into florets
1 capsicum (shimla mirch)- chopped
1 carrot- peeled and cut into roundels
2 tomatoes- pureed
2 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
A pinch of hing (asafoetida)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp coriander powder
How to make mix veg
1. Out of the 2 tbsp oil, heat 1 & 1/2 tbsp oil in a kadhai or a pan and add cumin seeds. When they turn darker, add hing.
2. Add all the vegetables except tomato puree. Add salt and all the spice powders except garam masala. Give it a good mix.
3. Cover the lid and cook on a low heat till vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
4. Heat the remaining oil in a small pan and add tomato puree. Cook on a medium heat till oil begins to separate from the puree.
5. When vegetables are done, add tomato puree and garam masala and mix. Cook on a medium-low heat till all moisture evaporates. Turn off the heat and serve hot mix veg with roti, paratha, poori or naan.