|kuttu ki tikki|
Kuttu ki tikki is a tasty dish which can be eaten during fasts as it is a 'falahari' food. I prepare them on Ekadashi fasts and offer them to Lord Krishna and have them as a prasad.
Recipe of kuttu ki tikki
1 cup kuttu atta (buckwheat flour)
3 medium sized potatoes (boiled, peeled and mashed)
2 green chillies- chopped finely
Sendha salt (rock salt)- to taste
Ghee (clarified butter)- to shallow fry
How to make kuttu ki tikki
1. Mix potatoes, green chillies and sendha salt to kuttu atta in a bowl.
2. Knead the atta using potatoes, no need to add water.
3. Pinch a lemon sized ball (peda) out of the dough and pat between your greased palms to make a tikki (patty).
4. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and smear ghee on it. Place this tikki on the tava and place rest of the tikkis from rest of the dough.
5. Roast kuttu tikki from both sides applying ghee. Place as many tikki on the tava as can be easily placed and prepare in batches.
6. Roast tikki till it turns reddish brown. Serve hot kuttu ki tikki with aloo ki sabzi or curd or both.